Friday, December 7, 2007

Class 15: Final Project Day

Began our final projects today. I've decided to do the option that Pete has laid out, for simplicity's sake. For this project I will be looking at the Reed Creek watershed in Asheville, North Carolina. Streams in this watershed have shown high concentrations of sediment and other chemical runoff during periods of rain. I will be quantifying landuse and impervious surfaces in this watershed by:

Determining percentages of landuse within 300 feet of streams in the watershed;
Determining the percentage of impervious surfaces in the watershed;
and determining total length of roads (feet and miles) in the watershed.

I feel like I got a pretty good start on the project in class today. I've got all the data downloaded, and all my layers clipped to the Reed Creek watershed.

No comments: